The Best Rustic Save the Dates From the Experts at Bliss & Bone
When planning a rustic wedding for yourself and your partner, making sure that your guests know about your upcoming celebration is an important step in preparing for this very special day in both your lives. At Bliss & Bone, we can provide you with the most beautiful and elegant rustic Save the Date invitations to suit your needs and your budget. Bliss & Bone delivers the most beautiful backgrounds, images and designs to help you design rustic Save the Dates that will impress your guests and will create the right mood for your celebration.
Creating a Cohesive Look for Your Wedding Starts With Rustic Save the Dates
As you probably already know, Save the Dates are designed to provide your guests with a heads-up about your upcoming wedding plans. Rustic Save the Dates are well-suited for outdoor ceremonies, barn weddings and to more relaxed wedding plans. At Bliss & Bone, we offer an extensive array of backgrounds and images to help you create the rustic Save the Date invitations you want to showcase your very special day.
Finding the right sources of inspiration for rustic Save the Dates and invitations can be challenging. We offer an extensive lineup of examples to help you create the perfect rustic Save the Dates for your once-in-a-lifetime celebration of love. If you and your partner have your hearts set on a rustic wedding theme, Bliss & Bone can help you create the right Save the Dates and invitations for your big event.
What Details to Include in Your Rustic Save the Dates
As you start to think about your rustic Save the Dates, you should keep in mind that you do not need to include every detail about your wedding. Your rustic Save the Date only needs to include three things: Your and your partners names, where you are getting married and when.
You can include the name of your ceremony and reception venue, or you can keep it simple and only share the city where everything is happening. During the initial phase of your wedding planning process, you also need to decide whether you are hosting a one-day celebration or multi-day extravaganza. If you are expecting guests to attend events over an entire week or weekend, make sure that date range is clear on the rustic Save the Date.
With these essentials in there, you are also more than welcome to have fun with your rustic Save the Dates. Include a punchy statement like “We are in love,” or stick with a classic logo or monogram design showing off your names or initials. Another optional item is to mention the URL that will direct guests to your wedding website. While it goes against etiquette guidelines to share registry details, this is a good workaround that can lead guests to it. Talk everything through with your partner and determine the best details and wording to feature from there.
Elements of a Rustic Wedding Style
As one of the hottest wedding trends in recent years, rustic weddings offer a relaxed and comfortable alternative to formal ceremonies and receptions. A few key elements are present in most rustic weddings and can be reflected in your rustic Save the Dates and invitations:
- Keep things natural: Natural woods, flowers and simple designs are all elements of rustic wedding design. Barns and outdoor areas are among the most popular venues for rustic weddings. Making sure your rustic Save the Dates reflect the natural simplicity of these surroundings can allow you to create the right expectations among the guests you plan to invite to your wedding.
- Add some sparkle: String lights and candles are elegant and beautiful lighting options for your rustic wedding. You can include these images as part of your rustic Save the Dates and invites to add a little magic to these wedding communications.
- Personalize your celebration: One way to customize your rustic Save the Dates is to upload a photo of you and your partner to Bliss & Bone. You can then incorporate this image into our rustic Save the Date templates to add a personal touch to this initial contact with your wedding guests.
- Consider homemade decor: In many cases, jars and glasses can serve as rustic holders for flowers or candles. This can convey a rustic look for your table decorations and can allow you to create the most cohesive look for your celebration. You may also be able to enlist help from friends or family members in building a rustic altar for your wedding ceremony. Your rustic Save the Dates can also feature down-home images to reinforce your overall wedding theme.
- Have fun with food: While formal sit-down dinners are often expected at traditional wedding receptions, going rustic can often allow you and your partner to enjoy greater leeway in your menu choices. Buffets and even barbecues can be a perfect accompaniment to your rustic wedding plans.
- Indulge in rustic simplicity: In general, rustic Save the Dates, invites and themes are designed to be simple. Avoid overly ornate flower arrangements and table decorations to create the right look and overall atmosphere for your event.
- Tie things together: From rustic Save the Dates that reflect your own personal style to the flowers and lighting options you choose, making sure your entire wedding reflects your rustic and casual theme can make your celebration even more memorable. At Bliss & Bone, we offer an extensive array of rustic Save the Date templates, backgrounds, images and fonts to allow you to create a cohesive wedding stationery suite. This can also inspire your design choices for your upcoming wedding day celebration.
Your rustic wedding will be a celebration of you and your partner. Making sure that you create an atmosphere that is comfortable for you both and that reflects your own values and aesthetic preferences is the best way to begin your new life together. At Bliss & Bone, we are here to help with the right options and solutions for your upcoming wedding day celebration.
Creating the Perfect Rustic Save the Dates
At Bliss & Bone, we offer easy-to-use rustic Save the Date templates that can make it much easier for you and your partner to create the right stationery suite for your wedding. Our intuitive interfaces and range of rustic Save the Date templates and examples can allow you to create the most beautiful and appropriate stationery in a systematic way. Here are some of the most important steps in building your rustic Save the Dates from start to finish.
- Decide on your date and location: Most wedding experts recommend booking a venue before sending out your rustic Save the Dates. You and your partner may be wondering what to include in your rustic Save the Dates. In general, these items of wedding stationery include the names of the happy couple, the date of the ceremony and reception and the city in which the festivities will be held. Once your venue has been scheduled, this information will be available to allow you to design the perfect Save the Dates for your upcoming wedding.
- Check out our rustic Save the Date templates: As a leading source for printed and paperless wedding invitations and online wedding stationery design, Bliss & Bone offers templates that can be altered and adjusted to create your Save the Dates. Our templates make it easy to customize your invites and Save the Dates and to match them perfectly with your wedding website. We make it simple to pull together a rustic stationery suite that will delight your guests and will serve as a beautiful part of your wedding essentials.
- Pull together your design: When designing your rustic Save the Dates, it is often a good idea to think about how you want your wedding website and invitation to look. Rustic Save the Dates will usually be the first notification guests receive about your wedding. By tying together the designs of your printed or paperless wedding invitations and your website with your rustic Save the Dates, you can make the best impression possible on those who receive these notifications.
- Create a customized Save the Date: Bliss & Bone makes it easier to customize your rustic invitations and Save the Dates with an extensive array of backgrounds that range from formal to whimsical. By selecting a consistent background and adding images from our collection or uploading your own photos, you can create a personalized stationery suite for your wedding that will reflect the very special love you and your partner share.
- Decide on paperless vs. printed: If you have email addresses for many of the people on your guest list, paperless invites and rustic Save the Dates may be a practical way to let your guests know about your plans. Guests without access to email, however, may require printed invitations and Save the Dates to ensure that they know about your upcoming wedding plans. Going paperless with your rustic invites and Save the Dates can often save you a considerable amount of money on postage and printing. These digital communications, however, may not have the same keepsake value as comparable printed Save the Dates and wedding invitations. If environmental responsibility is an important value for you and your partner, however, paperless Save the Dates may be the ideal choice for your wedding. Of course, timing is also a factor when you consider the perks of creating a digital rustic Save the Date. Designing a paper Save the Date will involve working with a designer and going back and forth on iterations of your card, which could take weeks or even months to complete. If you are interested in digital rustic Save the Dates, however, you can develop your card in an online builder and send them out to your guests on the same day.
- Send your rustic Save the Dates: Whether you decide to send your Save the Dates digitally or through the mail, you can count on Bliss & Bone to help you through this process. We can provide you with added help in determining when to send your Save the Dates and can help you get in touch with wedding calligraphers who can create handwritten cards and envelopes for your stationery suite.
At Bliss & Bone, we can help you create the most beautiful Save the Dates with a rustic flair. Our wedding stationery options can be customized to suit your needs and to ensure that your wedding theme is reflected perfectly in these communications.
Options for a Rustic and Elegant Save the Date
While it may be difficult to define precisely what makes a Save the Date rustic, you can find many examples of beautiful and rustic designs on the Bliss & Bone site. These range from floral and botanical to woodsy and moody. So, whether you are looking for a brighter style for your mountain wedding in the summer or need a deeper color palette for a winter celebration, there is going to be the perfect template for you and your partner.
Here are some of our favorite rustic Save the Date designs:
- The simplicity and charm of the Abigail Save the Date makes it the perfect choice for couples planning a rustic wedding with a touch of elegance. This printed rustic Save the Date has warmer tones that fit into the category, but it prioritizes the details and font style over a design.
- Our Damien Save the Date design allows you to upload your own photo to personalize these important wedding communications. Photo Save the Dates are a perennial favorite among wedding couples, since it adds a unique touch to your stationery. For an alternative digital rustic Save the Date with the option to include your own image, check out the Avery template.
- Our Hunter Save the Dates offer a clean, streamlined design that can form the basis for your own unique creation. These are digital rustic Save the Dates that are well-suited for couples planning an eco-friendly affair.
- Starting with the Bliss & Bone Jewel template can allow you to create a sleek and beautiful Save the Date for your upcoming wedding day. In it, you will find a delicate floral arrangement and a warm color combination of red, pink and cream. We can easily see this template working for spring or fall celebrations.
- Combining a single spray of flowers with elegant and easy-to-read fonts results in the Tess design. This minimalist Save the Date can serve as the basis for your website and invitation design. Because it features more fall-forward tones, including yellow and orange, we can easily see this rustic Save the Date priming guests for the ultimate autumnal celebration.
- The Carter design is a rustic Save the Date that uses a key aspect that rings true to the theme: wood. The online card rests on a circular piece of wood, and there is a cohesive series of brown shades within the design.
- For a floral rustic Save the Date, take a look at the Delia design. It has pressed, dried flowers as accents, and it is complemented with a modern-minimalist design. Couples are encouraged to prioritize the date (or dates!) in this template, as it is the focus of the card.
- If you are interested in a rustic Save the Date that does not come with any three-dimensional objects, the Stella template keeps it simple and sophisticated. The colors and textures are the perfect complements, and a delicate shadow is thoughtfully cast over it for extra drama.
At Bliss & Bone, we offer an outstanding selection of Save the Date designs perfectly suited for your wedding plans. If you are preparing for a rustic wedding in the near future, we can deliver the right options for you and your partner. As you weigh your options, you can think about a few factors: the venue, your attire and decor items. If your favorite rustic Save the Date template coordinates with everything else you have in place, it is likely a great choice for your stationery.
Examples on How to Word Your Rustic Save the Dates
The rustic part of your rustic Save the Dates is more about the overall look of the card. That being said, you have a lot of freedom to use whatever wording you and your partner feel the most comfortable with. As you are writing out the must-have details, remember that you do not necessarily need to include the specific venue name.
Now that you have a better understanding of the details to include in your rustic Save the Dates, here are a few examples to get you started:
Rustic Save the Date Wording Example #1:
Save the Date
December 2, 2023
Tess and Kyle
Los Angeles, California
Details to Follow
This is a straightforward, simple way to share the details about your upcoming celebration. The couple only shared their first names, which will usually work—just make sure your loved ones don’t know another engaged couple with the same names! Adding “details to follow” will also get your guests’ attention and let them know that more (aka your rustic wedding invitation) is on the way.
Rustic Save the Date Wording Example #2:
Save the Date
for the Wedding of
Stella and Hudson
September 26th, 2023
If you want your rustic Save the Date to read like a sentence, this is the formatting you should follow. It shares the couple’s first names, the date of their wedding and the city where it will take place. Later on, you can use a similar style to write out your invitations.
Rustic Save the Date Wording Example #3:
Save the Dates
Two Thousand Twenty Four
Destination weddings are becoming much more common, and they are typically more intimate ceremonies with smaller guest lists. If you are planning a destination wedding, or one that will have several events over the course of several days, you need to share that in your rustic Save the Dates. As an alternative, you can also say, “Save the Weekend” or “Save the Week.”
Rustic Save the Date Wording Example #4
Stella and Hudson
are Getting Married
September 28th 2024
This one kicks everything off with the guests of honor, a pro tip for couples who are planning to attend a lot of weddings in the future. You want yours to stand out, and you also need your guests to know exactly whose wedding is coming up. If you are looking for rustic Save the Dates that spell it all out, go for a sentence-style option like this example. Combined with a more casual yet elegant design, this is a rustic Save the Date that’s straightforward, simple and chic.
Rustic Save the Date Wording Example #5
Save the Date
Della Rose & Christian Scott
As the name suggests, your rustic Save the Dates should be all about the date. This type of rustic Save the Date wording adds prominence to your wedding day. Keep in mind, however, that this wording is recommended for couples planning their wedding only. If you are hoping to have events before or after the main celebration, you will want to add that detail somewhere on your rustic Save the Dates or on your wedding website. Remember this as you and your partner are drafting ideas for your rustic Save the Dates.
Hopefully, these examples can help you and your partner start to imagine what you rustic Save the Dates will look like. Sometimes, you just need a bit of inspiration to think about how to design and write out your Save the Dates. By reviewing your options, you can have a better understanding of the rustic Save the Dates you will want to create.
When to Send Out Your Rustic Save the Dates?
Your rustic Save the Dates should go out around the same time that you complete your wedding website—approximately six to nine months prior to your celebration. But if you are hosting a destination wedding, you should think about sending out your rustic Save the Dates even earlier. Ideally, guests should know about your destination wedding nine months to one year in advance.
Your wedding planning timeline is key to all of this, and it will ultimately inform how and when you send out your rustic Save the Dates. To give you and your partner more context, here are other timeline-related elements to consider during your planning process:
- Decide on a reasonable budget. You can break down your wedding budget by prioritizing the vendors that mean the most to you and preparing for how much you’ll need to pay for them. You and your partner should get together with anyone else who has offered to plan your event and come up with a reasonable budget that everyone is comfortable with. After that, you can start your research on venues and vendors.
- Determine your guest list. Early on in the process, you and your partner should decide who you plan to invite to your wedding. Vendors and venues will want this number, especially because it will give them the information they need to provide a cost estimate.
- Consider hiring a professional. Wedding planners are experts in their field and know how to plan the best weddings. They can work with you on everything from the design to the best vendors to hire. They are also pros at organization, which can really help you during such a chaotic time in your life.
- Research options and book your venue. Your venue is a significant part of your wedding, and it accounts for about 40 percent of your overall budget. With that in mind, you and your partner need to understand the weight of this portion of your event. It’s best to visit each venue before determining the best space for your special day. Take tours and ask all of the questions you have about what is possible at each venue. If everything aligns and they have your desired date available, submit your deposit as soon as possible.
- Hire the rest of your vendor team, including your stationer. Once you have your planner and venue, you need to seek out the rest of your vendor team. This includes your stationer, who will be responsible for helping you create your rustic Save the Date design and other elements of your stationery suite. In addition to the stationery, you also need pros who can provide flowers, rentals, catering and more.
At this point in the timeline, you and your partner should complete your wedding website and send out your rustic Save the Dates. Later on, you will want to provide even more details (namely, the venue name and exact timing) in your invites. Both Save the Dates and invites can be sent to guests through the mail or via email, which is yet another budgeting detail you and your partner should talk about.
To round out the timeline from a stationery perspective, you should also know that wedding invitations are sent out six to eight weeks prior to your celebration. However, when you send your Save the Dates is the most crucial, since it’s the first time your guests will hear an official announcement about your wedding day. After receiving this, they can move forward and make travel arrangements to be able to attend your big day.
Why Choose Bliss & Bone for Your Rustic Save the Date?
Bliss & Bone offers some features that can be difficult to find on other wedding stationery sites. Our gallery of backgrounds, graphics, images and objects is second to none. This will allow you and your partner to create a customized rustic Save the Date and invitation that will reflect your own preferences and aesthetic tastes. Our interface allows you to incorporate letterpress and custom text effects that will showcase your unique design. We also offer shadows and textures for online Save the Dates and invitations, which can make them stand out much more effectively.
Because we offer websites and invitations as well as Save the Dates, Bliss & Bone makes it easy to match all parts of your wedding stationery to create a cohesive and pulled-together look. This integrated approach to wedding stationery design can allow you to streamline the process of creating your website and invitation to match your Save the Dates. When you shop by collection on our site, you will be introduced to all of the different curated designs available on our site. Review them with your partner and see which ones you both gravitate toward in the process.
Our support for foreign languages is another key difference between Bliss & Bone and other wedding stationery providers. If you are sending your Save the Dates or rustic wedding invites to friends and family in other countries, we make it easy to send these communications in a language your invited guests can read and understand. Your thoughtfulness will be noticed and appreciated by all those who receive your invites and Save the Dates or who visit your wedding website.
How Much Will Your Rustic Save the Dates Cost?
The amount you will pay for your Save the Dates will depend on whether you choose printed or paperless for these notifications. Printed rustic Save the Dates will cost significantly more than their digital counterparts. That is because you will need to send out a physical card and stamped envelope. These days couples are frequently deciding on digital rustic Save the Dates because they help save paper and money. So, if being mindful of the environment and saving money are top priorities, digital is an excellent option. And in most cases, rustic Save the Dates sent via email should cost about $1 each.
At Bliss & Bone, our prices are on par with the national averages. A digital rustic Save the Date will cost $1.20 each for one to nine recipients, or $0.90 for 10 or more recipients. Bliss & Bone also offers some extra services and options for printed Save the Dates that can sometimes add to the cost of these keepsake items. In general, however, your wedding stationery and other printed or paperless goods will make up no more than two percent of the total cost of your wedding. At Bliss & Bone, we work with you to find the most affordable options for you and your partner for your invitations, website and Save the Dates.
How to Connect Your Rustic Save the Dates to Your Wedding Websites
There are two types of rustic Save the Dates you can send out to loved ones. The first is the classic online Save the Date, which is a card that’s sent to your guests via email. With this kind of rustic Save the Date, your guests will receive a digital card as well as the event page. In the event page section, you can decide whether you want to collect RSVPs (which is less common for Save the Dates) and link to another place — most often, that’s where the link to your wedding website will go. Another option is a wedding website announcement, which is simply an email that directs your guests to your wedding website. It’s also popular to use this feature for your event updates and RSVP reminders.
Linking Your Website to Your Rustic Save the Dates
If you go the more traditional route, you will build out your rustic Save the Date before ultimately connecting it to your site. After you have chosen your specific rustic Save the Date design, you will reach the event page customization section. In this space, you want to select “Add a Button.” There, you will copy and paste the URL to your wedding website and personalize what the button says. For instance, you can type, “Wedding Website” or a call to action like “Visit Our Wedding Website.” If you plan to collect RSVPs through your wedding website later on, make sure you turn the “RSVPs” option off at this phase in the process.
Linking Your Website to Your Wedding Website Announcement
When you create your own announcement, you need to edit one page. In the “external URL” section, you should include the URL to your wedding website and share whatever call to action you’d like in the “button” space. From there, guests will know to visit your wedding website directly from the email. When compared to rustic Save the Dates, this style emphasizes your website more.
There are so many ways to spread the news that you’re getting married, and your rustic Save the Dates are the perfect starting point. They can share all of the details you need to help guests plan to attend your big day. But if you want something more simple, you can always send out a wedding website announcement.
Why Many Couples Add a Custom Logo to Their Rustic Save the Date
Couples who want rustic Save the Dates that are unlike any other on the market should explore unique customization opportunities like adding a custom logo to your design. A logo or monogram is a personalized touch for your stationery that represents you, your partner and your event. In many cases, a logo will feature the names or first initials of the couple, plus other details like the wedding date, location and anything else you’re interested in specifying.
At Bliss & Bone, a dedicated designer will be assigned to your project and help you create a logo or monogram that you can use for everything from your rustic Save the Dates to your wedding website to the cocktail napkins passed around at your wedding reception. There are different costs, which is determined based on how you plan to use your logo. If you only want it featured on your rustic Save the Date, for instance, you can pay for the Bliss & Bone-only option ($40), which allows you to use your logo or monogram on any products available on the Bliss & Bone website. For use elsewhere—say, your cocktail napkins or even an aisle runner—the cost will go up to $80. If you want to feature your logo or monogram on anything, the “Both” style is recommended and it costs $120. You will receive one revision with your purchase, so you can provide feedback to your designer before committing to your special logo.
You and your partner can review different styles of logos or monograms, and then order them online. From there, your designer will assess the style you’re interested in and make it all your own. You will then see it in your Bliss & Bone account, or you’ll receive a file via email if you selected a design that you can use anywhere.
Plan a Rustic Wedding With Help From Bliss & Bone
Bliss & Bone can help you to create a unique rustic Save the Date that will impress your guests. Our templates, interfaces and array of options can make your wedding stationery suite something special. We make creating rustic wedding invitations and Save the Dates easy and convenient for you and your partner. To learn more about our lineup of rustic Save the Dates and invitations, visit us online or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you plan the most special day in your life.