Design Your Tropical Wedding Invitations at Bliss & Bone
If you are planning to marry your partner with a tropical wedding theme, Bliss & Bone can assist you in creating a wedding stationery suite that reflects your own unique aesthetic preferences. This guide is designed to provide an overview of tropical wedding themes and to assist you in planning a wedding for yourself and your partner.
The decor for your tropical wedding theme will typically feature flowers and brighter colors to reflect the aesthetic of this wedding style. Bliss & Bone offers an extensive gallery of tropical save the date and invitation examples that can provide inspiration for your own celebration. We can help you find the inspiration you need to create an invitation and save the date tropical theme ideal for your upcoming celebration.
Creating a checklist for your wedding can be a great first step in the process of planning a tropical wedding your partner and you will love. If you love sand, sun and tropical climates, incorporating these elements into your wedding theme can make your celebration even more special for all who attend.
Creating Your Tropical Wedding Theme
Incorporating your own unique tropical wedding theme ideas can allow you to create a customized celebration for yourself and your partner. Here are some of the most important steps in planning and preparing for your tropical wedding celebration:
- Select the right venue: Tropical themes go well with beach weddings, island weddings and outdoor areas in general. Traditional and formal wedding venues in churches or event spaces, however, may not lend themselves well to the sand and relaxed atmosphere of this style of wedding.
- Choose a color scheme: Deciding on your palette of tropical wedding colors is a practical way to make sure that all elements of your decor and your tropical wedding invitations work together to create a coordinated look for your wedding. Pastels and natural earth tones are among the most popular tropical wedding colors and can serve as the basis for your planned wedding decor.
- Decide on your flowers: Orchids are among the most popular options for tropical wedding flowers. You can also think outside the box for your tropical wedding flowers with brilliantly colored buds and blooms that may include lilies, peonies and plenty of foliage. Tropical wedding flowers can also make an appearance on your invites to create the most elegant and cohesive look for all your wedding preparations.
- Complete your decor: If you and your partner are planning a wedding on the beach or at another outdoor venue, you may not require much in the way of tropical wedding decor to complete the look of your celebration. String lights, a flower altar and palm leaves are staples of decor for these weddings and can be reflected in the design of your tropical wedding invite as well.
- Create your tropical wedding website: Designing a tropical wedding website is the next step in the process of planning your wedding. At Bliss & Bone, we make it easy to create a website that works with your tropical wedding invitations and your overall theme.
- Match your Save the Dates and invites to your theme: Once you have decided on an aesthetic for your website, you can match your tropical save the dates and your wedding invitations by using the same backgrounds and images for all these parts of your wedding stationery suite. By matching your tropical wedding invitations to your other wedding communications, you can make the best impression on those you invite to attend your wedding day festivities.
- Incorporate your own tropical wedding theme ideas: While many of the most popular ideas for tropical wedding invitations and decor are available online, you can also come up with your own ideas to customize your wedding to suit your tastes. At Bliss & Bone, our gallery of tropical wedding invite examples can provide inspiration for your own unique wedding designs.
Creating your tropical save the date invitations and wedding invites is easy at Bliss & Bone. We offer the templates, design options and customizations you need to create a tropical wedding invitation you will be proud to send to your friends and family members.
Planning Your Wedding Timeline
Establishing a timeline for your wedding planning process will allow you to complete necessary tasks in a timely way. Once you have chosen a venue, it is time to begin creating a stationery suite and sending out notifications to the friends and family members you want to share this special day with you and your partner.
- Decide between paperless and printed: If you have email addresses for all or most of your guests, you can send a paperless tropical save the date that will save you time and money. Printed tropical save the date cards, on the other hand, can serve as a tangible reminder of your upcoming celebration. In some cases, it may be possible to request email addresses from your guests as part of your tropical save the date. This can allow you to send out paperless tropical wedding invites even if you opt for tropical save the date cards sent through the mail.
- Send out your Save the Date: Wedding etiquette dictates that you should send out your tropical save the dates four to six months before your wedding day. For destination weddings, even longer lead times are recommended. Designing your tropical save the date cards and sending them early can allow your guests to plan to attend your wedding more easily.
- Link to your wedding website: Providing your guests with a link to your website on your invitation or your save the date for tropical wedding celebrations will allow you to streamline the process of communicating with your guests. Adding a link to your tropical save the dates and wedding invites can also allow your guests to respond more easily to requests for RSVPs and menu selections.
- Decide on decor and menu items: Before sending out your tropical wedding invitations, you should have most of the arrangements for your wedding already in place. The overall aesthetic of your wedding will usually be reflected in your tropical wedding invitations. Making sure all elements of your wedding are in line with the look and feel of your ceremony and reception will allow you to make a real statement when planning your wedding day celebration.
- Send your tropical wedding invitations: Whether you opt for a paperless or printed tropical wedding invite, you should usually send out your invites about six to eight weeks before the wedding day. For destination weddings, plan for your tropical wedding invitations to arrive at least 12 weeks before the date you have chosen for your celebration.
- Collect your RSVPs: Bliss & Bone makes it easy to track and record online responses to your tropical wedding invitations through your website. This can streamline the process of ordering catering and planning for the number of guests you expect to attend your wedding.
Sticking to a general timeline for your wedding plans can allow you and your partner to create a celebration that will appeal to your guests and that will create memories for both of you to last a lifetime.
Types of Tropical Wedding Invitations
At Bliss & Bone, we offer examples of a wide range of tropical wedding invitations that can make your celebration even more special for you and your partner. We can help you find the ideal invitation and save the date tropical theme for your upcoming celebration. Some of the most popular tropical wedding styles we offer include the following:
- Designs that feature tropical foliage can create a mysterious and beautiful look for your tropical save the date and invitations. Deep greens and contrasting sand are among the most popular tropical wedding colors for these designs. Carrying through the same theme for your tropical wedding website, save the dates and invites will allow you to create a recognizable look and feel for your wedding communications.
- One of the most popular tropical wedding theme ideas is taken directly from the sea. Whether you are getting married on the shoreline or farther inland, choosing a design with beach vibes can communicate a relaxed and natural look for your tropical wedding invitation.
- A tropical island theme can include sand, sun and flowers to create a cohesive look for your invitations and tropical save the date. Hammocks, sandals and beach imagery are among the most popular options for these types of tropical wedding invitations.
- Choosing a tropical save the date and invitations with a jungle theme can communicate the overall aesthetic of your wedding to your guests. Your save the date for tropical theme weddings can be designed to suit your specific preferences and needs.
- Designing a tropical wedding invitation with contrasting leaves and bold colors can also make a positive impression on your guests. Integrating this theme into your invitation and save the date for tropical wedding celebrations can create a cohesive appearance for your entire wedding stationery suite.
- Whimsical imagery and stylized tropical fauna can form the basis for delightful tropical wedding invites that will wow your guests. Taking a lighthearted approach to your tropical wedding invites will make a big difference in the reception these invitations receive from those on your guest list.
- Uploading your own images to complement your save the date tropical wedding theme can provide a truly personalized look for your wedding stationery. At Bliss & Bone, we make it easy to add your own custom touches to your tropical wedding invitations.
At Bliss & Bone, we offer an extensive array of design options along with templates and other features that will set your tropical wedding invitations apart from the ordinary.
Examples of Popular Tropical Wedding Invitations
Your tropical wedding invitations can set the tone for your big day, and it is important that they communicate your theme. For most couples that means one thing: lots and lots of greenery. There are particular leaves, especially monstera and palm fronds, that immediately transport you to a different place. Suddenly, you are imagining sipping on your favorite rum cocktail and cheersing to your love.
- Modern tropical wedding invitations: There are elevated templates out there that are perfect for the modern minimalist approach to wedding designs and decor. For example, the Brando tropical wedding invitation combines monstera leaves with serif and handwritten-looking fonts. The tropical theme is emphasized further with a leaf shadow overlay and background. With an invitation like this one, you might consider a black tie wedding to bring a unique twist to a classic tropical celebration.
- Neutral tropical wedding invitations: You do not have to lean into various shades of green to translate your chosen theme. Take the Willow tropical wedding invitation, for instance. It has a white card and tropical leaf shadow overlay that work together to create an ultra chic, all white wedding invitation. It is also possible to take different templates available and add in shadow overlays that coordinate with the theme.
- Green tropical wedding invitations: If you and your partner love the idea of incorporating greenery and the color green in your tropical wedding invitations, that is perhaps the most popular route. The Raine tropical wedding invitation, which has a card that is forest green with tropical leaves and a bold yellow font showing the wedding couple’s names. The Beckett invitation template also features tropical leaves in the background, making it another green-forward option for wedding couples. This one is slightly more subtle, and it gives your guests a special delivery to get ready for your wedding day.
- Blind debossing tropical wedding invitations: You can get your guests excited about your upcoming celebration with tropical wedding invitations that stand out from the crowd. The Imogen tropical wedding invitation looks like something with blind debossing that you can feel. In reality, it is a digital invite that your guests can view on their computers and phones. Blind debossing tropical wedding invitations that are printed will cost significantly more, but finding a digital invite like this one can share similarities to your favorite wedding invite samples. If you like this look and want a physical invite, you can do that with printed invites as well. Other popular printing processes include letterpress, blind embossing and engraving.
The tropical wedding invitation template you choose can make a big impact on your overall event. It will allow you to make future decisions about other stationery items, and you should always ensure that it coordinates with your venue. Late on in this guide, we will discuss other stationery pieces that can match your tropical wedding invitations.
The Most Popular Tropical Destinations for a Wedding
You can find wedding venues that fit the tropical theme near or far. In the United States and across the world, you and your partner can seek out a venue that works well for you and your guests. In most cases, tropical celebrations are hosted as destination weddings. If you are interested in traveling far away for your destination wedding, these are among the most popular places to go:
- The Caribbean: There are more than 700 islands in the Caribbean, and quite a few of them are popular wedding destinations. Saint Lucia, Aruba and Barbados are among the most beloved spots to exchange your vows and dance the night away. Known for crystal clear waters, plenty of greenery and flowers and sandy beaches, this is a can’t-miss area to consider for your wedding day.
- Mexico: Mexico has so many beautiful wedding traditions, and many people love adopting them for their celebration there. With respect to the rich culture and history of Mexico, this is yet another spot to consider. Plus, there are many beachside resorts that host the most gorgeous outdoor ceremonies and receptions.
- Hawaii: The Hawaiian Islands are an escape for U.S. residents and others alike. Local Hawaiians and tourists love venturing here for the surf and sand that is offered on each of the islands.
- Florida: Another option in the United States is Florida, which is even more convenient for people on the East Coast. While a flight from New York to Hawaii will take about 10 hours, a flight from New York to Florida should be around three hours or less. This southeastern destination is a dreamy, warm and special place to celebrate your love.
- Costa Rica: Just south of Nicaragua and north of Panama is Costa Rica, known for its rainforests and beautiful beaches. For an alternative location that is not too much farther than Mexico, you and your partner can enjoy a tropical locale with all of your favorite people here.
If you are planning a destination wedding, there are quite a few considerations to make. These include:
- How many guests you are inviting and where they are traveling from: The number of guests you plan to invite will affect your overall costs and the coordination of your event. Most of the time, couples who host destination weddings keep their guest list shorter than they would for a local wedding. There is a lot of effort required to make it to a destination wedding, and you have to be understanding that not everyone you invite will have the ability to make such a trip. To increase the percentage of people who can plan to attend, you should send out Save the Dates as soon as possible. It is recommended that couples send out Save the Dates about six to nine months in advance, but we encourage even earlier (think about a year!) to give your guests enough time to take time off of work, sort out child and pet care and secure travel and lodging.
- How much time you have to plan your event: You should also give yourself plenty of time to accomplish all of your wedding tasks. For destination weddings, you want to visit the venue in person before committing. It can be challenging to find a time to plan a trip in advance, but it is well worth the investment. While there, you can also hire all of your local vendors and see the event spaces you have researched in person. There are so many pros to planning a wedding in a remote or faraway location, but you need to budget your timing appropriately.
- Lodging options in your area: It is difficult to plan a wedding in a completely remote location, and even more challenging if there are no places for your guests to stay. Ensuring that there are a range of lodging options will allow your guests to more easily commit to attending your wedding. Check to see if there are lower-cost options that can accommodate most guests’ budgets as well. There could even be all-inclusive resorts that make travel plans even more efficient.
You are likely thinking about how many of your guests will be there to celebrate you and your partner. If you are concerned about destination weddings, a location in the United States like Florida could be the best option for your big day. But if you want to venture outside of the United States, there are near-countless spots to choose from. Talk everything through with your partner and then get started on the planning process as soon as possible.
When to Send Your Your Tropical Wedding Invitations
Since your Save the Dates should go out six to 12 months before your wedding day, you can prepare to send your tropical wedding invitations sometime after that. In general, wedding couples ship them out six to eight weeks prior to the celebration. The Save the Dates are the primer that gets them started on their planning, but the tropical wedding invitations will detail everything. This includes who is hosting the event, the name of the wedding couple, the exact timing and location of the ceremony and the location of the reception (if it is different from the ceremony setting).
If you are hosting events before or after your wedding, you will also want to share that information with your guests. You can do this with digital or printed tropical wedding invitations, but it is important to let them know as soon as possible. Most destination events have multiple days of celebrations, so it is key that you share some sort of range in your Save the Date. Couples typically share wording like “Save the Week” or “Save the Weekend” with the dates listed in their Save the Dates.
Couples also need to consider the method in which they are sending out their tropical wedding invitations. Some couples might send out digital invites, which will immediately go to your guests’ email inboxes as soon as you send them. Meanwhile, printed invites will take longer to process and send through the mail. These invites will require you to factor in a bit more time into your stationery planning.
Unique Features for Tropical Wedding Invitations From Bliss & Bone
Bliss & Bone makes it easy to customize your wedding invites and Save the Dates to suit your tropical theme. Here are some of the most important features available from Bliss & Bone for your tropical wedding invitations:
- Support for foreign languages: Translating your tropical wedding invitations into the languages spoken and read by your guests can make a big difference in the reception these communications receive from those you want to invite.
- A variety of custom text effects: Bliss & Bone offers letterpress and custom text options for paperless and printed wedding invites. This can create an elegant look for this important element of your wedding stationery.
- Coordinated wedding stationery suites: Because Bliss & Bone maintains an extensive lineup of backgrounds, fonts and graphics that can be used across websites, invites and save the dates, you can easily create a cohesive look and feel for every part of your wedding communications. For digital versions of your wedding stationery, you can even create links between your save the date, your website and your invitation to make it even easier for your guests to find the information they need and to touch base with you when required.
Bliss & Bone makes it simple to create beautiful tropical wedding invitations and save the dates for your upcoming celebration. By working with us, you can create the wedding stationery suite you want at a cost you and your partner can afford.
If you want to create your own custom tropical wedding invitations or to learn more about the options we offer at Bliss & Bone, drop us an email at email@example.com or visit us online today. The team at Bliss & Bone will be happy to help you create your own unique works of art for your upcoming wedding celebration. We are here to serve you.