All About Save the Date Online Reminders From Bliss & Bone
When preparing for your upcoming wedding, you may want to touch base with some of the most important people you want to attend this festive occasion. Save the date cards are used to let your guests know the date of your wedding well in advance of this important event. This can often prevent conflicts that could prevent some of your invited family members and friends from attending your wedding.
Opting for digital save the date notifications can often save you time and effort while reducing the cost of printed materials for your wedding. These notifications can not only allow for advance planning on the part of guests but can also deliver useful information about the venue, the events and other elements that go into your wedding planning process.
Online save the dates can make it much easier for your guests to let you know whether they will be able to attend early in the process. Green-friendly and convenient, your save the date online communications are one of the most popular and useful modern wedding trends and can be integrated with your wedding website to create an integrated approach to your entire planning process.
Best of all, digital save the dates and paperless invitations generally cost only a fraction of the amount needed for printed wedding stationery. This can allow you to splurge a little more on other elements of your wedding to make it even more memorable for you, your partner and your family.
What Are Online Save the Dates?
Online Save the Dates are also known as digital Save the Dates or paperless Save the Date notifications. These cards or emails are simple notifications that a wedding will occur. Online Save the Date communications are almost always sent by email and are designed to provide advance notice to those who will attend these ceremonies and receptions. By sending an online Save the Date, you and your partner can give a sneak preview of your upcoming wedding for those who need to know.
While many wedding Save the Date notifications are sent through the mail, digital Save the Date or email save the date options are becoming much more popular. Sending your Save the Date online can save you time and money when managing the process of planning your wedding. Traditional wedding Save the Dates are sent through the mail and require postage and time to deliver. By contrast, online Save the Date options are cheaper and more reliable. If you have a working email address for your guest, you can send a paperless Save the Date in place of printed and mailed wedding Save the Dates.
A Save the Date and wedding website combination can set the stage for success during later stages of wedding planning. Your wedding Save the Date can be used to touch base with family members and friends while
The History of Save the Date Cards
When marriage was generally regarded as a contract between two families, there was no need to let friends and family know about an upcoming marriage. Those involved in the decision-making process were already in the loop and had no need for further notifications. Letters to more distant relatives were generally concerned with sharing family news, including the wedding plans, and were not requests for attendance at these ceremonies or receptions. Wedding Save the Dates were not part of the landscape of these historical periods.
As the concept of romantic love became more prevalent in the 12th century, love and marriage still were not associated with each other to a significant degree. Courtly love could be shared between individuals of different social statuses and even those married to other people. Marriage continued to be a financial and social arrangement designed to combine the resources of two families. The idea of wedding Save the Date notices would not have applied to the liaisons of courtly love, and wedding Save the Dates were not used to notify friends and family of the marriage contract.
During the 18th century, however, the reasons for marriage shifted from predominantly financial considerations to the ideas of romance and love. Weddings, rather than being contract-based agreements, became celebrations of that love. This led to the popularity of invitations to share this special day with those close to the couple, a tradition that continues to this day. While it is possible that wedding Save the Dates may have been sent on occasion during this period, no records of them have been found.
Save the Date cards are a natural offshoot of invitations. In 1922, Emily Post published a book on etiquette that suggested that couples planning to wed should give plenty of advance notice to allow their invited guests to plan to attend their wedding celebration. Wedding Save the Date notifications most likely arose from this suggestion. In most cases, Save the Date invitations are simple, bare-bones cards that typically provide information on the city in which the couple plans to marry and the date chosen for this celebration. These cards are a useful way to ensure that those you wish to attend your wedding will not make other plans in the interim between choosing a date and sending out official wedding invitations later in the process. By letting people know about your wedding as soon as a date has been set, you can minimize the risk of conflicts that could prevent some of your guests from attending your wedding celebration.
Save the Date online notifications are an even newer development in the wedding industry. Sending these wedding Save the Date notices by email can reduce the impact of your wedding on the environment and can save you money on the cost of your wedding. As more people gain access to reliable email and use it to communicate with friends, loved ones and colleagues, the ability to send your Save the Date online can ensure that your guests receive notifications of your upcoming celebration in a timely way and one that can be integrated with calendars to provide convenient reminders to those you want to attend this special day in your lives.
The increasing popularity of email and online communications has made the digital Save the Date an accepted part of wedding planning. Your wedding Save the Date can provide much-needed advance warning for your guests of your nuptials. Sending your Save the Date online can allow you to send these digital Save the Date notifications later or to give even greater advance warning to those you want to attend. This is often cited as a good reason for sending your Save the Date online rather than going the print route.
In many cases, your Save the Date and wedding website can be linked to allow your guests to access this source of information. Online Save the Date communications also make it much easier to send out invites when the time comes. Any issues with email addresses or responses will have been worked out when the paperless Save the Date is sent out and received. This can provide added help in managing wedding Save the Date and invite processes during the planning stages of your wedding.
Why Do You Need a Save the Date?
Whether you decide to send your Save the Date online or in a printed form, these communications are an ideal way to set the stage for your upcoming wedding. Both your Save the Date and wedding invitations are designed to provide some useful information to your guests. Online Save the Dates can arrive within minutes, rather than days or weeks. This can make digital Save the Dates a much more practical choice for couples who plan to wed in the near future.
A digital Save the Date can also prevent scheduling conflicts with other weddings or events. While not all conflicts can be prevented, sending wedding Save the Dates early in the planning process can give you the best chance of avoiding these problems. Your wedding Save the Date can also allow your guests to give you advance warning that they will not be able to attend in person, which can make a big difference in your ability to plan and budget effectively.
Incorporating your own unique wedding Save the Date ideas can give your guests a sense of you and your partner as a couple. By personalizing your Save the Date and wedding invitations by using the Bliss & Bone Save the Date templates, you can create the perfect digital Save the Date representation of your unique and timeless love story. Your paperless Save the Date can incorporate elements that matter to you and your partner to set the tone for your entire wedding day celebration. Best of all, by sending your Save the Dates online, you can save money that can be used to enhance other aspects of your wedding day celebration.
Depending on your circle of friends and family members, sending your Save the Date online early in the process can sometimes allow you to reserve a specific date that might otherwise be used by other couples planning to marry in your social circle. While this is not the only reason to send your Save the Date and wedding invitations early in the process, it can often help in ensuring the highest possible attendance for your wedding. Your digital Save the Date should not be considered a formal claim on a day. Most couples, however, will want to adjust their own plans to avoid conflicts with your digital Save the Date notification.
Choosing to send your Save the Date online will also allow you to keep a digital paper trail of responses to your wedding even before your invites are sent out. This can allow you to plan ahead more effectively with the help of these digital Save the Dates and online responses.
Is Sending a Save the Date Online Socially Acceptable?
Since the Save the Date did not come into wide usage until late in the 20th century, the rules of etiquette concerning printed or digital Save the Dates have not been clearly defined. Most wedding experts, however, cite the green-friendly attributes and the convenience of paperless Save the Date and wedding invite delivery methods as good reasons to consider going digital for Save the Dates. While traditional weddings may seem an odd fit for online Save the Date communications, choosing to send your Save the Date and wedding invitations digitally can often make a positive impression on those you want to attend your wedding.
It may not be possible or practical to send every Save the Date online. You and your partner may need to print some Save the Date notices to mail to relatives and friends who do not have email or whose email addresses you do not know. In these cases, etiquette experts generally condone sending wedding Save the Dates and invites digitally to those who can accept these communications in this format. For those who do not have access to an email address, however, you may still need to send a Save the Date the old-fashioned way through the postal service.
In most cases, you and your partner will be close with the people you plan to send your wedding Save the Date. You can often gauge whether a digital Save the Date will be welcomed by your guests as a cost-saving and convenient way to protect the environment or whether a printed wedding Save the Date is more appropriate for your guests. By gearing your Save the Date and invitations to the people you most want to attend, you can create the wedding you want at a cost you can afford.
In general, sending your Save the Date online is not considered impolite. Most wedding experts have warmed to the notion of sending Save the Date and wedding invitations digitally as a way to ensure that these notifications are received and that your guests have plenty of advance warning to save the date you have set aside. While printed Save the Date notifications may never go out of style, digital wedding Save the Dates are definitely here to stay as part of the mainstream wedding industry.
Wedding Invite vs Save the Date: What Is the Difference?
Your wedding invitation is designed to provide all the information guests will need to plan their attendance at your wedding. Save the Dates wedding notifications, by contrast, are streamlined and typically contain only the information that will fit on a small postcard. Other differences between Save the Date wedding invitations and formal wedding invitations are listed below:
- Timing: When considering a wedding invite vs Save the Date notifications, the time at which these notices are sent is a key indicator. Save the Date wedding invitations are sent out as soon as a date and city have been determined for the wedding, and typically 6 months (or more) before the event. While most couples will have a good idea of which venue they plan to use for their ceremony and reception, this information need not be finalized when sending Save the Date wedding invitations early in the wedding planning process.
- Information: Another difference in wedding invite vs Save the Date notification is the amount of information provided to your guests. A wedding invitation typically includes a great deal of detail, including the venue location, the precise time of your wedding, information on your wedding website, preferred attire and many other items. By contrast, Save the Date cards and paperless Save the Date notifications generally include your name and your partner's name, the date you have chosen and the city in which you plan to wed.
- Online or printed: When comparing a wedding invite vs Save the Date, it is important to remember that both of these notifications can be sent digitally. By sending your Save the Date online, you can save time and money while making it easier for your guests to access the information they need in a timely way. The same is true of wedding invitations, which can be delivered quickly and offer added convenience for your guests.
Understanding the differences between a wedding invite vs Save the Date notices can allow you to make the most practical decisions and can ensure that both of these wedding notifications arrive in a timely way and serve the purpose you want. Bliss & Bone can provide you with Save the Date examples and ideas that can allow you to manage your wedding plans much more effectively. We make it easy to customize our Save the Date Template to create a Save the Date and wedding invitations you will be proud to send to your friends, family and everyone on your guest list.
What Makes a Great Online Save the Date Reminder?
A few basic elements will be important to the success of your electronic save the dates. Knowing what to include and what to leave out is essential to avoid confusion and to ensure that your online save the dates provide the right information to all the appropriate people on your wedding invitation list. Some of the most important components of your electronic save the dates include the following:
- Location information: The venue and general location of your wedding should be included in your save the date online notifications. In some cases, a map may be useful in helping your guests to navigate unfamiliar areas.
- Time and date: It may seem obvious that the date and time of your wedding should be included on your paperless save the date. A reminder, however, can prevent confusion and can ensure that your guests have the information necessary to make the appropriate plans.
- Contact information: Allowing your invited guests to follow up with you regarding their plans to attend can make it much easier for you to make preparations for your ceremony and your reception early on in the process.
- A link to your wedding website: One of the best ways to provide information for your guests is through your wedding website. By including a link to this online resource as part of your digital save the date, you can keep your guests updated on the latest developments and changes for scheduling and venue times. This can help your guests to feel much more confident and to prepare for the big day well in advance.
- Custom designs: Creating a custom design that is used for your paperless wedding invitations and save the date online notifications can create a cohesive appearance for all your wedding stationery. Your paperless save the datescan be customized to include visual references to your wedding flowers, your monograms and logos and other elements that will make your wedding truly something special. By customizing your design for your save the date online notifications, you can ensure that these digital items match your overall wedding theme and décor.
The Main Reasons to Use an Online Save the Date
Paperless save the dates offer some real advantages for you, including the ability to send these notifications quickly and efficiently. By sending a save the date online rather than through the mail, you can also save a considerable amount on postage and on invitation costs. Electronic save the date reminders are also green-friendly, which makes them a great choice for environmentally conscious couples. By linking your paperless save the dates with your wedding website, you can streamline the process of collecting and compiling responses to your electronic save the date reminders to save you time and stress throughout the wedding planning process.
How Much Do Online Save the Dates Cost?
The price you will pay for online save the date notifications will vary considerably depending on the customization options and the overall quality of these paperless options. Since many people have become accustomed to emails and paperless offices, these digital save the dates can significantly reduce or eliminate the costs of wedding stationery for your special event.
Printed wedding invitations can add up to as much as four to six percent of the overall budget for the wedding. By contrast, you can expect to pay up to $1 per email invitation from reputable save the date online vendors. While free options are available in some cases, the customization options and overall look of these paperless save the date options are generally not up to the standards set by companies that specialize in save the date online solutions.
By choosing an online save the date from a company that specializes in elegant and personalized wedding invitations and paperless save the dates, you can create stunning works of art for your digital save the date and wedding invitation needs. Digital save the date and wedding invitation options can reduce or eliminate postage costs and printing costs to help you make the most practical use of your available financial resources. Going digital is one of the hottest trends for wedding invitations and save the dates in the modern digital age.
Benefits of Online Save the Dates
By choosing to put your save the date online rather than in the mail, you and your guests can enjoy added convenience and improved communications throughout the days, weeks and months leading up to your wedding. Some of the most important benefits of digital save the date arrangements include the following:
- Easier for your guests: Rather than filling out a paper card and sending it back through the mail, your guests can simply click on a link to let you know that they will be attending your wedding and reception. This can streamline the planning process for you and your partner.
- No need to reprint save the dates when changes occur: If your wedding plans require some adjustment, you can send out a corrected digital save the date that incorporates the new information without the delay involved in reprinting these items in paper form.
- No added cost for corrections or alterations: Electronic save the dates can generally be edited at any point and resent without incurring additional costs. This makes online save the dates a versatile and flexible method for letting your guests know about changes to your wedding plans quickly and efficiently.
- Convenient tracking for total number of guests: In many cases, you can track the number of guests who respond to your digital save the date and wedding invitations online, which can make it much more convenient to manage this information and to adjust your plans to accommodate the actual number of guests you expect.
- A link to your wedding website: Your wedding website can be included on your save the date online communications and wedding invitations. For modern weddings, collecting responses to your invitations and electronic save the dates can often streamline access to gift registries, response forms and detailed information on the venues and directions to your ceremony and reception. This can make it easier for your guests to plan for this important event in your lives as a couple.
- Organizing your guest list: Online save the dates are also ideal for creating some structure for table settings, plus ones and many other elements of your wedding and reception planning process.
- Cost-effective and green-friendly: The cost savings associated with paperless save the date announcements does not stop with the price of printing and production. Your digital save the dates are also better for the environment and cost much less in fuel and postal transportation, which can make a positive impact for your wedding well before the big day arrives.
Considerations When Planning Your Save the Date
Sending your Save the Date online can make it easy to deliver these communications to the ones you love. At Bliss & Bone, we make it easy to create a Save the Date that you and your partner will be proud to share with friends and family members. We offer Save the Date examples that can inspire your own ideas for a unique online Save the Date. Our Save the Date template makes it easy to take your paperless Save the Date from start to finish. Some of the factors you will want to consider when planning to send a Save the Date online will include the following:
- Collecting email addresses to send your Save the Date online can be challenging. You may need to reach out to friends or family members to find options for sending your Save the Date online to some people you will want at your wedding. Your wedding Save the Date can also be designed as an impromptu response card. Linking your Save the Date with wedding websites that can collect this information can make it easier to collect this information for sending out your wedding invitations later in the planning process. By connecting your Save the Date with wedding websites, you can also make it easier to track RSVPs for your wedding invitations.
- You may also be able to contact family members and friends by telephone to request email addresses to send your Save the Date online. While this may seem like a convoluted way to manage the process of sending wedding Save the Dates, it can often provide you with an opportunity to catch up with these family members and friends. Social media sites can also provide you with the information you need to send your Save the Date online to friends with whom you keep in touch on these platforms. By sending a private message to the most important people you want to attend your wedding, you may be able to collect multiple email addresses from just a few contact points.
- Even if it is not practical to send your Save the Date online, you can sometimes let your guests know that you plan to send digital wedding invites through your wedding website. This will allow those who receive your wedding Save the Dates to provide an email address on your website to ensure that they receive the formal invitation when all the details of your wedding plans have been finalized. Your wedding website can reflect the same wedding Save the Date ideas and aesthetic as your Save the Date cards and wedding invitations.
- One often overlooked advantage of collecting email addresses for sending your Save the Date online is the ability it gives you to stay in touch with your friends and family before and after your wedding ceremony. This can make it easier to send thank-you notes after the wedding and can provide you with an array of options for staying in touch with the ones you love who will share this special day with you. It can also allow you to contact guests who have not yet responded with an RSVP to your Save the Date or wedding invitations. Finally, allowing your guests to respond to your Save the Date online through your website or by email can often allow you to manage catering and seating arrangements for your reception much more easily and efficiently.
By connecting your wedding website to your Save the Date online by including a link on your digital Save the Date or your Save the Date cards, you and your partner can create clear lines of communication that can help your guests plan more effectively for your upcoming ceremony, reception and other events related to your upcoming wedding day celebration.
Inspiration for Wedding Save the Date Ideas
While the Save the Date examples and the Bliss & Bone Save the Date templates can provide a good starting point for your Save the Date and wedding invitations, incorporating your own unique Save the Date ideas can make these cards or emails even more special for your guests. Some added sources for wedding Save the Date ideas can be found online, in the Save the Dates cards you receive from other couples and from friends, family and work colleagues. You may even find Save the Date ideas on television programs or in the movies you and your partner watch together. Here are some ways to make your digital Save the Dates even more special and unique:
- Keep it simple: While it may be tempting to create ornate and elaborate paperless Save the Dates, less is often more when it comes to a Save the Date. Resist the urge to go overboard when designing your Save the Dates online. Instead, take cues from your themes and your overall wedding aesthetic when using the Bliss & Bone Save the Date template to design these communications. While choosing to send your Save the Dates online can reduce postage costs, it should not be taken as a license to include all types of information on this first contact. Rather than including this in your digital Save the Date, you should instead refer guests to your website or include inserts in printed wedding invitations that offer added information for your invited friends and family members.
- Go with what you know: Designing your Save the Date online can allow you to show off your artistic talents or your way with words. This can make your paperless Save the Dates even more personal to you and your partner. Working together to create wedding Save the Dates that reflect your personal styles can provide you with ample inspiration when designing digital Save the Dates for your special day.
- Think about your invite: If you already have some ideas about your wedding invites, you can often pare down these ideas for your paperless Save the Date design. It is important not to spoil too much of the surprise of your invite when planning your digital Save the Date, however. Keeping your online Save the Dates as simple as possible can allow your coordinating wedding invitations to generate even more excitement about your upcoming wedding.
- Pull it all together: If you and your partner have decided to send your Save the Date online, you can often use the same background for your paperless Save the Date, your online wedding website and your printed or digital wedding invitations. Bliss & Bone makes it easy to find the perfect backgrounds, images and other elements for online Save the Dates and all other items of wedding stationery. By creating a cohesive look for your Save the Date and wedding website, you can often create online Save the Dates that are memorable and that provide the perfect look and feel for your wedding celebration.
Sending your Save the Date online can allow you to save time and money while creating a wedding stationery suite of which you and your partner can be proud. Wedding Save the Dates are the perfect way to begin letting your friends and family know about your plans to marry. At Bliss & Bone, we deliver the digital Save the Dates and website design tools you need to make your paperless Save the Date something truly special.
Incorporating Your Own Save the Date Ideas
Wedding Save the Date ideas are as diverse as the couples who plan to marry. Online Save the Dates are especially versatile and can include images, text and other elements to reflect your own unique style. Some of the most important components of Save the Date online notices include the following elements:
- Images: Finding the right Save the Date ideas can start with an image of you and your partner, other images of importance to you both or images from the Bliss & Bone interface. An image can set the tone for your wedding and can be the inspiration for many other wedding Save the Date ideas. Whether your wedding Save the Date features puppies, kittens, mountaintops or floral patterns, it should reflect your own unique aesthetic and your preferences to make the greatest impact on those who receive your digital Save the Date.
- Themes: Choosing the perfect wedding theme can be challenging. If you are planning a wedding, however, you may want to come up with a theme as a first step in managing your entire ceremony and reception. Your wedding theme can also play a big role in creating your Save the Date online notification. By deciding on a theme and coordinating your Save the Date and wedding invitations with this basic theme, you can often come up with brilliant Save the Date ideas that will make your paperless Save the Dates even more special for those who receive them.
- Fonts and typography: The same font options available from Bliss & Bone for printed Save the Date cards can also be applied to digital Save the Dates. Choosing the right font for your paperless Save the Dates can ensure that they are easy to read and that they make a dramatic statement about your upcoming wedding celebration.
- Text and language: The way in which you let people know to save the date for your upcoming wedding can also have a big impact on the reception your Save the Date receives from your guests. The text of your Save the Date wedding notification can allow you to incorporate your own wedding Save the Date ideas into these communications. By selecting the perfect words for your Save the Date, you can let people know about your upcoming nuptial plans in a personal and moving way.
- A touch of whimsy: Adding a lighthearted tone to your Save the Date can often make a big impact on those who receive it. A humorous image, amusing text or an overall avant-garde look for your Save the Date can brighten up these important communications and can enhance the overall appeal of your wedding for those you wish to attend.
- Support for a variety of languages: If your paperless Save the Dates will be going out to friends and family members in other countries or who speak languages other than English, Bliss & Bone offers language support for sending your Save the Date online. This support also extends to printed Save the Date communications and invitations. By taking advantage of these innovative wedding Save the Date ideas and functionality, you can ensure that everyone on your guest list has the information they need in a language they understand. This can help you manage responses to your digital Save the Dates and can ensure the best attendance for your once-in-a-lifetime wedding ceremony and reception.
Finding the perfect Save the Date ideas can be challenging. At Bliss & Bone, we offer customizable Save the Date templates and plenty of Save the Date examples that can help you find inspiration for your own wedding Save the Date ideas. We offer an array of printed and digital Save the Dates, wedding invitations and websites designed to suit the needs of couples planning to marry. Whether you are looking for the best wedding Save the Date ideas or are interested in checking out our Save the Date templates, Bliss & Bone can make it easy to create the Save the Date invitations you need for your upcoming wedding day.
Choosing a Theme for Your Wedding
Selecting the right theme for your upcoming wedding ceremony and reception can make it much easier to find the inspiration you need for your Save the Date notification. A wedding theme can be as specific or as generalized as you like. For instance, you can have a general theme of formal or modern attire and decor or a specific theme that focuses on a period of history, a type of venue or a favorite series of movies. Your Save the Date online notification can reflect this theme to create a cohesive look and feel for your wedding right from the start. Some of the most popular themes for Save the Date and wedding invitations are listed here:
- Bohemian weddings feature flowing lines and relaxed fashion. This is typically reflected in the online Save the Dates and wedding invites that announce these celebrations. Most boho weddings have a sense of whimsy that can carry through in your wedding Save the Date and your wedding invites.
- Fairy-tale weddings are another popular trend in the wedding industry. Whether you send your Save the Date online or by mail, you can incorporate a hint of fairy-tale magic by selecting the right backgrounds and images to reinforce your chosen theme. Forest backgrounds are especially appropriate for Save the Date and wedding invitations designed with fairy-tale ceremonies and receptions in mind.
- Classic weddings go perfectly with simple and elegant Save the Date designs. Whether you decide to send your Save the Date online or opt for a printed version, you can match your Save the Date to invitations that also feature clean and simple lines and pastel or white-linen backgrounds to create a timeless look for your Save the Dates wedding notifications. Classic invtitations in black or white is also a great way to go.
- Garden weddings take place in beautiful and manicured settings that are ideally suited for Save the Dates and wedding invites with floral or foliage backgrounds. Flowers are often a major part of the decor for garden weddings, which can be reflected on your Save the Date cards and other elements of your wedding stationery.
- Rustic wedding themes may include handmade decor, real wood furnishings and more casual attire for guests to these celebrations. Your Rustic Save the Date or Invitation can reflect this aesthetic with images that include wood, flowers, greenery and other photos that showcase your own unique country style.
- Modern weddings often feature simple and elegant styles that are typically reflected in the wedding Save the Dates and invites chosen by the happy couple. Modern Save the Date and wedding invitations can feature darker colors, stronger contrasts and other Save the Date ideas that conform with the theme of these wedding styles.
- Traditional wedding themes are often associated with historical precedents and other common customs surrounding marriage. A traditional Save the Date may include photos of wedding bouquets, intertwined wedding rings and other wedding and Save the Date ideas that play on rhymes like "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue." By incorporating these traditional themes into your Save the Date online, you can create the perfect mix of old and new for your upcoming wedding celebration.
- Vintage weddings feature the clothing or the decor common to a specific period of history. These wedding themes often revolve around flapper chic, the retro looks of the 1960s or the garden weddings common in the Victorian era. The time period you choose for your vintage wedding can provide the inspiration for your Save the Date and wedding invitations. By incorporating your own vintage wedding Save the Date ideas into your printed or online Save the Dates, you can let your guests know what to expect from your upcoming wedding events.
- Sustainable wedding themes are among the hottest trends in the wedding industry in recent years. Online Save the Date communications are a key part of this trend and can allow you and your partner to inform your guests about your wedding plans without the potential damage to the environment caused by printed invitations and Save the Date cards. Even if you need to send some Save the Date and wedding invitation communications in printed form to accommodate guests without email addresses, reducing your environmental impact by sending most of your Save the Dates online can help you to plan a sustainable wedding.
- Intimate weddings have also become popular and are designed for 50 guests or fewer. This can cut down on the cost of sending out Save the Dates and wedding invites. It can also allow you to incorporate more of your own wedding Save the Date ideas without worrying about how those not close to you or your partner might react to unusual or unique invitation or Save the Date ideas and designs.
Opting for a digital Save the Date and wedding invite will allow you and your partner to create a work of art that can be shared and can provide you with a keepsake for your once-in-a-lifetime wedding day. Linking your Save the Date with wedding websites that offer more information can help you and your partner to communicate more clearly with those you invite to share this special day with you.
Have Some Fun With Your Digital Save the Date
It may seem that creating an online Save the Date is a very serious matter. In fact, inserting a touch of whimsy in wedding Save the Dates can often be a welcome addition to otherwise ordinary Save the Date and wedding websites. By including photos of your pets or your favorite spots as backgrounds, for instance, you can turn your online Save the Dates from ordinary to unique. Your digital Save the Date should reflect your own unique tastes in font, text, wording and imagery. It should also complement your overall wedding theme to create a memorable look for both your Save the Date and wedding website.
One key to a successful online Save the Date is to consider all aspects of your wedding stationery. Your Save the Date and wedding website should complement not only your decor but also the invitations you plan to send. By coordinating your online Save the Date with wedding invites and website designs, you can create the perfect Save the Date and wedding stationery suite for all aspects of your wedding.
Features of A Typical Digital Save the Date
Your electronic save the date design will typically include the following features and options:
- A background design
- An event page that can be customized to display your wedding information and a digital copy of your electronic save the date
- Email tracking capabilities, including return receipts and bounces
- A mobile-friendly event page to make it easy for your guests to access necessary information
- The ability to incorporate your logos, images or monograms into your save the date online design
- A comment wall for your guests to offer their best wishes
- Follow-up emails and electronic save the date reminders after the initial email
Unique Digital Save the Date Features from Bliss & Bone
Bliss & Bone offers some unique options for your electronic save the date. Our digital save the dates offer the following special features to allow you to personalize your wedding stationery:
- We allow you to customize your own email design, including choosing your favorite colors and images and selecting the language of your invitation. Bliss & Bone even allows you to create your electronic save the date and wedding invitation formats with foreign language support for this creation process.
- Our extensive galleries of images, photographs, objects and graphics can streamline the process of personalizing your save the date online design. We also offer access to letterpress and embossed text visual effects that can create the most impactful look for your digital wedding stationery.
- Bliss & Bone also offers a custom logo and monogram library to make it easier for you to personalize your save the date online.
- If you are also planning to send out paper wedding invitations and save the date cards, you can create the perfect match between your website, your printed wedding stationery and your online save the dates by working with Bliss & Bone.
- A feature only found on Bliss & Bone is the capability to add shadows and textures to your background images on your online wedding stationery. This advanced feature can set your wedding invites and save the dates apart from the crowd and can create a truly memorable appearance for your wedding stationery suite.
Keys to Unique Online Save the Dates
Finding the perfect theme and design for your wedding can be challenging. The same applies to creating a Save the Date online that will appeal to your guests and that will make a positive impact on those you wish to attend your wedding. Paperless Save the Dates can be just as visually appealing as printed wedding Save the Date options. Here are some key methods to make your paperless Save the Date as unique as the special love you and your partner share.
- Digital Save the Dates from Bliss & Bone can feature textures and patterns that mimic those available on printed wedding Save the Dates. When planning your Save the Date and wedding website, you can incorporate these features into your digital Save the Date to create the perfect look for your online Save the Date.
- The right fonts and typography are also key elements in creating a unique Save the Date online. For example, bold fonts go well with modern paperless Save the Date themes, while traditional weddings can use more elegant and refined fonts for digital Save the Dates and invites. Whether you are opting for printed wedding Save the Dates or a digital Save the Date, you can choose the right options for print or paperless Save the Date communications at Bliss & Bone.
- Consider your color scheme when creating a Save the Date online. Backgrounds and hues for digital Save the Dates are almost limitless. Making sure your online Save the Dates match not only your invites but also your overall decor for your wedding can create a visually stunning look for your paperless Save the Date.
- You can also enlist help in designing a digital Save the Date from friends and family members. Finding someone to help you create an online Save the Date that meshes with your other stationery and your decor can help you create a Save the Date and wedding website that you will love. By choosing to send your Save the Date online, you can share this work of art with all of those you want to come to your wedding.
- Mixing printed with online Save the Date notifications may seem difficult. At Bliss & Bone, we make it easy to create paperless Save the Dates as well as wedding Save the Dates in printed form. Your wedding Save the Dates can be designed to suit your tastes and your budget, which may include combining an online Save the Date with a tangible wedding Save the Date that will work for other members of your family. By choosing online Save the Dates for some of your relatives and friends, you can often save money on the overall cost of wedding Save the Dates for your special day.
- As mentioned previously, you can coordinate your Save the Date and wedding website with other elements of wedding stationery and decor. This can make your online Save the Dates truly special. If you want to send your Save the Date online, Bliss & Bone can make it easy to design a digital Save the Date that reflects your own aesthetic.
- Starting with a general idea of what you want your wedding Save the Date to look like can help you design both your Save the Date and wedding website. Using the same background, font and images for your Save the Date and wedding website can often create a cohesive look. Consider negative space when planning your Wedding Save the Date. This is equally important for printed wedding Save the Dates and online Save the Date options. By leaving some blank space on your wedding Save the Dates, you can often create a more elegant look and feel for your entire wedding stationery suite.
Benefits of Linking Your Save the Date With Wedding Websites
A wedding website can provide you and your partner with the opportunity to share information in an informal and practical way. Linking your Save the Date with wedding websites for your guests can also provide them with the most up-to-date information on all aspects of your wedding. Changes to venues, times and plans are a part of the wedding planning process. By using your website to communicate alterations to the information contained in your Save the Date or wedding invites, you can often avoid misunderstandings that could result in missed connections or transportation difficulties for those who plan to attend your wedding. Some of the most important reasons to create a wedding website before sending your digital Save the Date are listed below:
- Added information for your guests: The most important reason to create a website before sending your Save the Date online is to provide information to your guests. Save the Date online notifications are designed to be streamlined. This means that they contain only the names of the couple getting married, the date of the wedding and the city in which the wedding will take place. If you do not plan to send your invites for a few weeks or months after you send your Save the Date online, your guests may have questions about the upcoming wedding event. Without a wedding website to which you can refer these questions, you and your partner could be spending plenty of time answering phone calls or emails after sending your Save the Date online.
- Improved lines of communication: The wedding websites available from Bliss & Bone are designed to allow you to provide information for your guests and for them to respond to your online Save the Date, wedding invites and other wedding communications easily and effectively. This two-way communication can make it easier for you to stay in touch after sending your Save the Dates online.
- Tiered access for your wedding party: After sending your Save the Date online, you can also create access tiers to allow your wedding party to see all the content you choose to put online. Your website can then be used to share information not intended for all those you wish to attend. For instance, wedding rehearsals, wedding party dinners and other events that will include only the wedding party could cause hurt feelings if posted publicly for all guests to see. By creating logins for the wedding party that are restricted only to these individuals, you and your partner can make sure that no one feels slighted by your upcoming wedding plans.
- Updates to email addresses: While Save the Date cards can be used to collect email addresses, you can also send your Save the Dates online with a request to confirm addresses on your wedding website. If you do not get a response to this request, you can then reach out to make sure that these digital Save the Dates arrived and that your guests know about your upcoming wedding. This can save you time and effort in planning for the number of guests you can expect at your wedding. Your website can serve as an information hub for Save the Date and wedding invitations and responses as well as a means of collecting updated email addresses from those you wish to attend your ceremony and reception.
- Assistance with transportation questions: Whether you are planning a wedding close to home or a destination wedding, clarifying transportation arrangements is an important function of your wedding website. This information should not be included in your Save the Date or formal wedding invitation. Referring your guests to your wedding website with a line on your digital Save the Dates or an insert in your wedding invites can allow you to provide general information about nearby airports, car rental options and other transportation to help your guests find their way to your wedding. You can also include helpful maps and other guidance that would not be appropriate for your Save the Date or invitations.
- Information on accommodations: For guests responding to your Save the Date online and planning to attend your wedding, your website can be a valuable source of information on local hotels. You can also alert your guests about blocks of rooms that have been reserved near your wedding venues. This information does not belong on your wedding Save the Dates but can easily be incorporated into the website you and your partner design for your wedding.
- A shared space for comments: When planning your Save the Date invitations and wedding website, you can often add a section that allows your guests and friends to comment and to ask questions about your wedding. This can assist you in dealing with any issues that may arise after sending out your paperless Save the Dates and can help you to manage responses to your Save the Date or wedding invitations in the most practical and easy-to-manage way possible.
- Access to your wedding registries: Another reason to include your website link on your paperless Save the Date is the ability it will provide for your guests to find your wedding registries easily. Finding the perfect wedding gifts can be difficult. Your wedding website can provide added help for guests who receive your Save the Date online and who are planning to attend your wedding. Your digital Save the Date can direct your invited guests to your website to make the gift-buying process easier for these valued friends and family members.
- A personal touch for your wedding communications: The Save the Date templates available from Bliss & Bone make it easy to customize your Digital Save the Date. By choosing a Save the Date template from our website, you can coordinate your wedding invitations with digital Save the Dates to create a cohesive look for every part of your wedding stationery. We offer elegant and timeless Save the Date examples that can create the perfect atmosphere for your upcoming wedding and can communicate something about who you are to your guests. By using a Save the Date template from our lineup of choices and incorporating your own unique Save the Date ideas into your digital Save the Dates, you can make a positive impact in the very first communication about your wedding that your guests will receive. You can then create a wedding website with Bliss & Bone that is based on your Save the Date template and that incorporates your own Save the Date ideas and general aesthetic preferences.
- An easy-to-use interface: Whether you are creating online Save the Dates based on our gallery of Save the Date examples or using website and Save the Date templates from Bliss & Bone, you can enjoy the convenience of our intuitive interface for Save the Date and wedding website creation. You can coordinate your wedding Save the Dates with your wedding website and invites at the touch of a button, which can make it easier to ensure that your online Save the Dates present the image you want for your upcoming celebration. Bliss & Bone makes it easy to design Save the Dates online and to send your paperless Save the Dates to the ones you love.
Designing your Save the Dates online can often provide you with much needed flexibility regarding the timing of these important communications. Your wedding Save the Date can arrive within minutes, not months, to everyone for whom you have a working email address. By designing a Save the Date and wedding website that work together, you can also enjoy the most practical options for yourself, your partner and your guests in navigating the wedding planning process.
Should We Send an Online Save the Date or a Paper Save the Date Reminder?
At Bliss & Bone, we have watched the evolution of wedding invitations and save the dates from print only to a combination of print and online options. Today, sending out save the dates digitally is a cost-saving measure that can also provide added convenience for engaged couples. Even if your wedding invitations are printed and sent out by mail, the benefits of opting for a paperless save the date can often make this the most practical choice for you.
In some cases, it may make sense to send out only a few paper save the date cards to those without easy access to the internet or to email. This can still save you money on the cost of a full run of paper save the date cards. By choosing Bliss & Bone for your wedding invitations and save the date cards, you can ensure that all digital and printed elements of your wedding suite are in perfect harmony for the lead-up to your big day.
When to Send a Save the Date for Weddings
It can be challenging to figure out when to send a wedding save the date. In general, most experts recommend sending these notifications between six to nine months prior to the date of your wedding. If you are not sure when to send a save the date for weddings, it may help to consider how long it would take you personally to make travel arrangements and to arrange time off from work for a few days. If most of your guests are coming from far away, however, a year's notice may be more practical for your digital save the dates.
When to Send Save the Date for a Destination Wedding
Destination weddings can be challenging to plan and require plenty of advance notice for your guests to ensure that they can make it to the exotic or distant location in which you plan to wed. Earlier is usually better for couples wondering when to send a wedding save the date for destination weddings. A good rule of thumb is to add at least two months of advance notice for every 1,000 miles of travel required to reach your destination wedding.
Beautiful Online Wedding Invitations to Match
If you are looking for exquisite wedding invitations that reflect your own personal aesthetic, Bliss & Bone offers an extensive gallery of options that can inspire your own unique paperless save the date and wedding invitation. Some of our most popular choices include the following styles and stationery options:
- Designer wedding invitations and digital save the date options can allow your guests to focus on the most important elements of your upcoming nuptials. These designer invitations and stationery can be adorned with your wedding monogram or logo for an attractive and upscale appearance.
- Elegant invitations can be personalized with a font of your choice and background images that reflect your journey as a couple and the strength of your commitment to each other.
- Floral wedding invites or botanical invites can incorporate elements of the wedding dress, bridesmaid's dresses or the flowers you intend to use as decorations at your reception or ceremony. Selecting a floral theme for your electronic save the dates and wedding invitations can allow you to tie together all elements of your wedding preparations to create the most cohesive and integrated look for your special event.
- Muted or pastel invitations are an outstanding choice for couples who have a specific color scheme and are looking to reflect that in their online save the date.
- Tropical invitations are ideally suited for beach and destination weddings. Finding the right graphics and images can showcase the relaxed and beachy style of your planned ceremony and reception before your guests ever dip their toes into the sand.
At Bliss & Bone, we make it easy to find the perfect save the date online design for your upcoming wedding. If you are interested in streamlining the notification and response process, we have the most beautiful and appropriate design options for you.
Basic Steps of Building Your Online Save the Date
At Bliss and Bone, we make it easy for you to create the perfect save the date solution for your upcoming wedding.
- Entering the text you want for your electronic save the dates should be the first step in the process. This typically includes the date and time of the wedding and reception, the venue chosen and other basic information that your guests will need to know.
- You can then add design elements that include the background and graphics you want for your digital card. In general, you can create a wedding save the date card that will work both online and in print and that will reflect the planned aesthetic of your wedding and reception.
- You will usually be required to enter all the basics of your event, including the date, time and location as well as the venues and hosts for your event.
- You can then upload the recipient list and the emails to which your invitations and save the dates should be sent and the dates on which these electronic messages should be sent.
- Once you have completed your design, it is time to pay and send your save the dates and invitations. You can also track responses through your Bliss & Bone order and account.
Want to Learn More about Digital Save the Date Options?
If you are interested in sending an online Save the Date, Bliss & Bone can help with brilliant ideas and examples of wedding Save the Dates that can inspire your own online Save the Date creation. We offer an intuitive interface and templates for digital Save the Date designs that can allow you to bring your online Save the Date vision from dream to reality. Whether you are planning to send a printed wedding Save the Date, a digital Save the Date or a combination of both, Bliss & Bone can provide you with the right solutions for your wedding.
An online Save the Date can be a great way to give the heads-up to your friends and family members as soon as your wedding date has been decided. Choosing a digital Save the Date is also a great way to keep track of email addresses that no longer work. At Bliss & Bone, we can provide you with information on bounced emails from your online Save the Date, which can make it easier for you to send wedding Save the Dates through the mail in a timely way.
Whether you want elegant and memorable printed wedding Save the Dates or a digital wedding Save the Date that reflects your personal tastes, Bliss & Bone is the perfect source for wedding Save the Date options that are precisely right for you.
At Bliss & Bone, we offer outstanding and integrated services to help you manage all aspects of your printed and online wedding stationery needs. To learn more about the services we offer and how we can make your wedding extra special, visit Bliss & Bone online or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to the chance to serve you.