Planning Your Online Rehearsal Dinner Invitation at Bliss & Bone
If you are planning your wedding, creating the most beautiful and personalized rehearsal dinner invitations can be a challenging process. Online rehearsal dinner invitations can allow you to express your own unique style and can reflect the special love between you and your partner without breaking your budget. This can add up to real savings on these incidental costs of the wedding process.
Wedding rehearsal dinner invites are designed to let the members of your wedding party know about a gathering after the official wedding rehearsal. Responses from these invited guests are usually expected to allow you to plan for the number of attendees at this personal and intimate dinner party. Online rehearsal dinner invitations can be designed to reflect the look of your wedding invitations or the theme of your upcoming ceremony and reception. Whatever you choose, your wedding rehearsal dinner invite can express your gratitude for the support of your wedding party on and before your big day.
At Bliss & Bone, we offer an array of wedding invitation and rehearsal dinner invitations that can help you to make the most positive impression on your guests and the members of your wedding party. By sending an elegant and personalized rehearsal dinner invite, you can create the perfect atmosphere for this important event in your life. This guide will provide you with basic information about your rehearsal dinner, proper rehearsal dinner invitation etiquette and the right solutions for printed or online rehearsal dinner invite options from Bliss & Bone.
What Is a Rehearsal Dinner?
The rehearsal dinner is generally a formal or informal dining event that follows the wedding rehearsal. Rehearsal dinners can be catered events or may be held in a nearby restaurant. These events are usually somewhat less formal than the wedding itself, so attire for a rehearsal dinner may range from semi-formal to casual. The clothes to be used for the wedding are not worn to the rehearsal dinner because of tradition and to prevent damage or staining for these items of clothing.
Planning your rehearsal dinner can be a challenging process. You may have many questions about how to manage your wedding planning timeline and who to invite to this special event. These are some of the most frequently asked questions about wedding rehearsal dinners:
- Who pays for rehearsal dinner events? Traditionally, the groom's family has been responsible for paying for the rehearsal dinner. This was customarily the case because the bride's family was historically responsible for paying for the wedding ceremony and reception. Today, however, most experts in etiquette for rehearsal dinners leave the decision up to the couple and their families.
- Who goes to the rehearsal dinner? Those with roles in the wedding party and selected other individuals are usually invited to the rehearsal dinner. In some cases, guests who have traveled a long way and who have arrived early for the wedding may be invited to participate in the rehearsal dinner even if they are not members of the wedding party. Immediate family and close friends are almost always invited to this special event.
- Is a rehearsal dinner necessary? Strictly speaking, the rehearsal dinner is an optional event that can be omitted for time considerations or to save money. These dinners do provide an opportunity for informal socializing among your closest friends and family members, however. If you can afford it, it may be worthwhile to incorporate a rehearsal dinner into your wedding planning checklist.
- Are there rules about rehearsal dinner invite wording? In most cases, your rehearsal dinner invite wording should reflect the overall formality of your planned ceremony. For example, if you are planning a black-tie traditional wedding, your rehearsal dinner invite wording should follow strict rules of formality as well. More casual weddings can feature a more relaxed approach to rehearsal dinner invitation etiquette and can be much less formal in language and design.
Why Choose an Online Rehearsal Dinner Invitation?
Online wedding rehearsal dinner invites offer a few important advantages for you and your partner when planning this special event:
- Easier design options: In most cases you can use a rehearsal dinner invite template to design your online rehearsal dinner invitation. This can allow you to coordinate the themes and designs directly with your printed invitations to create a cohesive look for your entire wedding stationery suite.
- Faster delivery: Digital rehearsal dinner invitations can be delivered instantly for faster response times.
- Greater affordability: Your online wedding rehearsal dinner invite is usually much less expensive than printed invitations and the postage needed to send them.
- Less impact on the environment: paper-free rehearsal dinner invites are transmitted digitally to save trees and transportation costs associated with printed invitations.
How Much Will an Online Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Cost?
The cost of your invitations will typically vary depending on the number of attendees you expect for this event. A lavish wedding will usually cost much more than an intimate wedding that has a relatively small wedding party.
With average wedding costs hovering around $30,000, the cost of your online rehearsal dinner is usually only a tiny fraction of your overall budget. The cost of printed wedding invitations and stationery range between $400 on the average to more than $1,000 for larger weddings. Choosing online wedding rehearsal dinner invites, which usually cost less than one dollar per invitation, can make a fairly large dent in this expense for you and your partner.
Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Ideas
Creating the right rehearsal dinner invite wording can be challenging. In many cases, you can use a rehearsal dinner invite template to ensure that you are following the proper format for these invitations. Bliss & Bone offers a number of elegant and beautiful rehearsal dinner invitation ideas from which to choose:
You can also create your own invitation by using our rehearsal dinner invite template, which can integrate elements from your wedding website and wedding announcement for a truly customized look. By including your own rehearsal dinner invitation ideas and sticking to the established rules of rehearsal dinner invitation etiquette, you can ensure the best results for these important online notifications.
Features of Online Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
Once you have settled on the right rehearsal dinner invite wording and the design for your online rehearsal dinner invite, you can begin creating your invitations on our website. Some of the most important features of your online wedding rehearsal dinner invitation will include the following:
- A scene or backdrop that sets off the text for your invitation
- A customized event page for your wedding website
- Tracking functions for checking receipt of digital invitations
- Comment walls on your wedding website for guest responses
- Mobile-friendly invitations that look great on phones, tablets or desktop computers
- The ability to upload your own wedding logos to your invitations and websites
Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Features Only From Bliss & Bone
Bliss & Bone offers some exclusive features that can make it much easier for you to incorporate your own rehearsal dinner invitation ideas into these communications:
- Customized email designs
- Custom event pages and practical tips for creating your wedding website
- The ability to link to your event page and to post messages to it
- Support for foreign languages
- Access to Bliss & Bone's image and photo gallery and our collection of objects and graphics
- Letterpress and embossed text effects for your invitation text and logos
- Access to our custom logo and monogram library
- The ability to match your wedding website to your online and printed invitations
- Shadows and textures for card and background images, a feature only available from Bliss & Bone
Should We Choose an Online Rehearsal Dinner Invitation or a Printed Invitation?
This decision is a personal one that should be made by you and your partner. In general, online rehearsal dinner invites are eco-friendly, while printed invitations can be kept as mementos. If cost is a factor, opting for an online rehearsal dinner invite is often the best course of action for your financial situation.
When to Send Your Online Rehearsal Dinner Invitation
Most rehearsal dinner invitation etiquette sources recommend sending the online rehearsal dinner invitation at the same time as main wedding invitations are sent. This usually occurs six to eight weeks before the wedding date. Additional time may be necessary for destination weddings.
Steps in Building Your Online Rehearsal Dinner Invite
Once all the finer points of rehearsal dinner invitation etiquette have been addressed and you have decided on a design for your invitation, it is time to start building your invitation online:
- The first step is to input all the text for your invitation onto the digital card. This can provide you with an idea of how your text will look and read on the finished invitation.
- Design elements, including the background image and any graphics, are then added to create the look you want for your invitation. Bliss & Bone makes it easy to customize your graphic design to reflect the overall aesthetic of your wedding.
- You will then need to input all the basic information for your rehearsal dinner. This will include the time, location and expected attire for this gala occasion. You will also upload the list of invitees at this point in the process.
- Once you have paid for this service, the online rehearsal dinner invite company will send them to the addresses you have designated. You can then track responses and email receipts to ensure that your event information reaches your intended recipients.
At Bliss & Bone, we make it easy to create create wedding websites and invitations that are perfectly suited to your own unique wedding. To learn more about our services, visit Bliss & Bone online today. We offer the right services for your once-in-a-lifetime wedding.