Creating the Right Wedding Website With Help From Bliss & Bone
The process of planning for your wedding can be exciting for you and your partner. For many couples, creating a custom wedding website can simplify communications with guests and members of the wedding party. Your customized wedding website can reflect your wedding theme while delivering the necessary information for your guests.
Your wedding website should be as unique as your own special love story. At Bliss & Bone, we can help you to create a wedding website that suits your needs and works for you and your guests. By personalizing your website with your own images and themes, you can ensure that your website makes the most positive impression on invited guests and family members. Bliss & Bone can help with unique and exquisite floral designs and elegant greenery sure to set your wedding website apart.
This guide will help you to determine the right approach to building your wedding website as well as providing information on expected costs, components of your website and what to include in this important element of your wedding planning process. Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event. Bliss & Bone can help you to make it truly special with a wedding web site designed just for you.
Parts of Your Perfect Wedding Website
The primary purpose of wedding websites is to allow clear lines of communication between you and your prospective guests. A few key components can ensure the best results for your wedding web site:
- Basic wedding information: Your wedding website should include information on the location, venue, date and time and the expected attire for your guests.
- Assistance in wedding travel planning: You may also want to include information about local accommodations and travel options for guests traveling in from out of town. For example, if you have reserved a block of rooms at a hotel, you may want to provide that information to your invited guests through your wedding website.
- Wedding websites about us: Including the story of how you met and images of you together can create an indelible positive impression of your relationship among those invited to your wedding.
- Online website security: Implementing strong website security can protect personal information and can prevent your wedding web site from being misused or hijacked by those with criminal intent. This includes login security as well as email and password protections. Wedding websites with passwords can also make your guests feel more confident when entering personal information on these online sites.
These parts of your wedding website are essential to create the desired results and to promote the best possible experience for your guests in navigating this online resource.
Why You Need a Wedding Website
Wedding websites offer some real advantages for your planning process and for your guests. Some of the most important benefits of choosing to create a wedding website include the following:
- Wedding websites allow you to compile all relevant information about your wedding in one convenient location. Your wedding web site can be updated as arrangements change, which makes it much easier for your guests to stay informed about your wedding plans.
- Wedding web sites are also an ideal way to provide information that may not fit on your printed wedding stationery. This may include maps to various venues, accommodation and travel information and a section specifically for frequently asked questions.
- One of the most important advantages of websites for a wedding is the ability to collect responses digitally for menu planning and attendance. Your wedding web site will allow your guests to provide these responses in a convenient and practical way. Collecting these responses digitally can also help you manage your planning process with caterers and other vendors for your wedding.
As you can see, there are many reasons to create a wedding website for yourself and your guests.
How Much Will Your Wedding Website Cost?
Costs for wedding websites can vary significantly depending on the options available and the company offering these services. Recent surveys indicate that the average cost of a wedding in 2020 was $28,964. By contrast, a custom wedding web site will usually cost somewhere between $10 and $30 each month, which is likely to be a very small fraction of the overall cost of your wedding.
In many cases, wedding web sites can actually save you money on the cost of response cards and postage. These pieces of wedding stationery can add up to around $400 even without postage included as a factor. By opting for paperless wedding invitations and responses through your wedding web site, you can often save a considerable amount of money on the overall cost of your wedding.
You may be tempted to opt for a free wedding web site rather than paying for added features and customization options. This is generally a bad idea that can leave you with a cookie-cutter website, reduced performance and speed and significantly less support for your wedding websites. The costs of quality wedding web sites are typically low and can more than make up for the initial expense in greater peace of mind and improved experiences for you and your guests.
How Does a Wedding Website Builder Work?
If you are looking to create a wedding website, a wedding website builder can make it simple for you to make your own wedding websites from start to finish. Wedding website builders vary significantly in the features they offer and the overall quality of the finished product. Wedding websites templates that allow you to customize images, text and other features can provide added flexibility in creating a beautiful wedding website that is completely your own.
Paid wedding website builders typically incorporate many more features and customization options than free sites. Most of these options offer a free trial to allow you to test out the wedding websites templates and features and to familiarize yourself with the features and functionality of these wedding website builders.
The speed of the website will play a significant role in its overall usefulness. Paid wedding page websites typically load much faster than comparable free wedding web sites, which can be a major factor in the functionality of your wedding web site. Wedding web sites created using a website builder are much more likely to load quickly and to allow greater customization than free sites that only provide templates for pre-designed wedding web sites.
The most important reason to choose a paid wedding web site from an established company, however, is the functionalities and features of paid sites as opposed to those that allow you to create a wedding website for free. The ability to add your own photos, to use your own wedding logos and to create a customized set of wedding page websites will typically help you to design and create a beautiful and modern wedding website precisely tailored to your needs. By ensuring that your wedding web sites include the features that are most important to you and your guests, you can enjoy the greatest confidence during your wedding planning process.
Benefits of Wedding Websites
Wedding websites offer some real advantages for your entire wedding planning process and for your communications with guests and members of your wedding party. Some of the most important reasons to create a wedding website include these benefits:
- Fewer emails and texts: Wedding web sites can serve as a catch-all repository for information, frequently asked questions and maps. This can eliminate many of the last-minute calls, emails and texts from panicked guests seeking information about your wedding. Any questions you do receive can easily be added to your list of frequently asked questions, which can further reduce the stress on you and your partner during the lead-up to your wedding day.
- Easy access to all necessary information: Your wedding website is a perfect solution for maintaining information on vendors and other elements of your planning process. By keeping all of this data on wedding websites, you can ensure that it is within easy reach when you need to check on a specific arrangement, a response card and many other elements of a successful wedding.
- At-a-glance information on RSVPs: Paperless wedding responses eliminate data entry and allow you to maintain a running tally on guests at the ceremony, meals needed for the reception or wedding supper and many other aspects of your wedding. A beautiful wedding website can also be the most practical decision for you and your partner.
Companies that make wedding websites can often provide you with added help in finding the paperless wedding solutions you need and in choosing the right configuration for your wedding websites. These companies can often provide you with web design assistance to help you make your own wedding websites more easily.
Personalizing Your Wedding Website for Your Guests
Websites for a wedding are designed primarily to inform guests and members of the wedding party about details of the wedding ceremony, reception and other events associated with your big day. As a result, it makes sense to arrange wedding websites to create a personalized guest experience for your wedding party and other attendees at these events. Personalized wedding websites are an outstanding way to ensure that your wedding website will provide customized information for the people who matter most to you. Here are some of the most important reasons to create personalized wedding websites for your upcoming nuptial events:
- Personalized wedding websites allow you to create permissions that apply to specific groups or individuals. For instance, everyone on your guest list should be able to access general information about the ceremony and the reception. You can restrict access to rehearsal dinners and family-only events to those who will be attending these events. Creating wedding websites with passwords and permissions can ensure that those with a need to know can access information without distributing it generally to all guests to your event.
- Creating customized wedding websites is also important to prevent misunderstandings and confusion among your guests. When creating a wedding website, you can set up individualized permissions and tiers of access that could include a category for members of the wedding party, another for close family members and a third category that includes all guests invited to your wedding ceremony.
- Websites for a wedding can also be tailored to each guest. This is especially appropriate for destination weddings with a limited number of guests. Wedding websites with passwords and logins devoted to individual guests can help them to feel special during the lead-up to your wedding day.
- Tiered access to your wedding website can also allow you to distinguish between guests who are allowed to add a plus one to their invitation and those who are not. This feature of your wedding website can help you to avoid issues with guests inviting one or more additional people without permission or consent.
Customized websites for a wedding are an outstanding investment in convenience when planning for your big event. By investing a little time and money in these event and wedding websites, you and your partner can prepare more effectively for all the activities and events surrounding your big day.
Creating a Unique Wedding Website: From a Guest's Perspective
Looking at websites for a wedding from the point of view of your guests can help you to make wedding websites that will provide all the necessary information in an attractive and practical way. Some of the most important elements of a unique and memorable wedding website will include the following:
- A unique design: Wedding websites templates can serve as a starting point for your uniquely beautiful wedding website. By adding customizations, photos and your own personal style, you can stand out from the crowd when creating your modern wedding website design.
- A local flair: Depending on the location in which you and your partner will live or will hold your ceremony and reception, you may be able to use images that reflect the local flavor, the venue and other elements of the area. Adding a little bit of local flair when you make wedding websites will often increase excitement among your guests about traveling to your important event.
- Integration of your overall wedding theme: If you have already designed your own unique wedding stationery suite, using elements from printed or digital wedding stationery as backgrounds or images for your wedding websites can make a real impact that ties together all elements of your wedding communications.
- Your wedding websites About Us page: Your own story can be one of the most unique and appealing parts of your website. Wedding websites About Us pages can be used to showcase favorite pictures of you and your partner and to tell a little of how you met and what your plans are for the future.
- Vital information: Guests typically visit websites for a wedding to check on dates, times and venues for the ceremony, reception and other events. Making sure this information is easy to find on your wedding websites will allow your guests to save time and effort when they make plans to attend your wedding.
- A different approach: Checking out wedding websites to make sure yours is not too similar to others online can also provide you with inspiration on creating guest-friendly websites for a wedding day you and your partner will never forget.
By tailoring your wedding websites for guests and their needs, you can often create a more engaging experience for them while ensuring a less stressful few months leading up to your wedding day.
Examples of Wedding Websites
Wedding websites templates can be customized to suit the style and theme of your wedding perfectly. Some of the most beautiful wedding websites are based on the location or the décor you plan for your ceremony and reception:
- Beach wedding websites are usually relaxed and use pastel colors and beach scenes to showcase the overall look and feel of your wedding.
- Mountain wedding websites typically have a cool and elegant look and feel to reflect the sublime grandeur of these areas of the world.
- Tropical wedding web sites could have a jungle theme or beautiful foliage as part of the background images. Wedding websites templates can be used to incorporate these themes into your overall design.
- Floral wedding websites can be based on your wedding flowers or on any flowers you and your partner particularly enjoy.
Shorter wedding websites can streamline the process of finding the necessary information. In some cases, however, longer wedding websites can provide a more elegant look while allowing you to include more features and information. In particular, single-page wedding websites ensure that your guests do not miss any of the vital information about venues, times and events related to your wedding. Multi-page wedding websites are best suited for tech-savvy guests and can provide greater customization for your modern wedding website.
At Bliss & Bone, we offer you the opportunity to make your own wedding websites easily and quickly. Our gallery of wedding websites is the perfect source for inspiration in creating your own unique and beautiful wedding websites.
Features of a Wedding Website
When designing websites for a wedding, it is helpful to know the most essential functions of these online resources. If you plan to make your own wedding websites, these features should be included in your finished site:
- The ability to collect and manage responses to Save the Dates and digital wedding invitations
- Customizable security options that may include passwords or email login capabilities
- Control over pages, including editing, removing, moving and adding pages to your wedding website
- Customization options that allow you to make wedding websites that reflect your personal tastes and preferences
- The ability to upload custom monograms and logos to personalize your wedding website
- Custom URLs for your wedding website
- Support for foreign languages to ensure the most accessible wedding websites for guests at home and abroad
- Matching online invitations and emails to create a cohesive look for your entire wedding suite
- The ability to match your wedding stationery to your printed invitations and your Save the Dates for a pulled-together look
- Image galleries that can be used as backgrounds on websites for a wedding
Bliss & Bone can assist you with matching your website to your stationery and your invitations. We also offer support for foreign languages. These features are difficult to find in the wedding website marketplace. Our custom websites for a wedding are designed to incorporate features other vendors simply cannot match. Whether you are looking for a modern wedding website or traditional wedding websites for guests, Bliss & Bone is an outstanding choice for printed and online communications related to your upcoming ceremony and reception.
The Timeline: When to Start Building Your Wedding Website
As soon as you or your partner pops the question, you can begin the planning process for your wedding website. In general, you should begin to make wedding websites at least six months in advance of the big day. Starting a year in advance can ensure that your website is up and running well before you send out your Save the Dates.
It may seem overwhelming to create a modern wedding website and to come up with wedding website URL ideas, unique designs and content for this important online resource. In general, however, you can begin with just one or two pages. Your wedding websites can then expand naturally as you answer questions, add information and create your own unique designs for your website.
You can continue editing and changing your wedding websites for as long as you like. If you find that some of the functions do not work for your needs, you can always get rid of those features and incorporate information and designs that better suit your personal style and your wedding plans.
The Steps: How to Create Your Wedding Website
A few simple strategies can help you to make wedding websites you and your partner will love. Here are some important steps in the process of creating a beautiful and modern wedding website:
- Coming up with wedding website URL ideas can be a challenge. It is worth remembering that not all wedding website URL ideas will work out. Some URLs may already be in use, so coming up with a list and purchasing your favorite URL from an online provider should be one of the first steps in the website design process.
- Choosing a wedding website provider will dictate the options that you will have in designing a beautiful wedding website. Be sure to select a website provider that offers plenty of customization options for this essential element of your upcoming wedding.
- Working with a website company that specializes in wedding websites and that offers a website builder can make it much easier to create a unique and memorable wedding website. Working from an existing wedding website design and customizing it can streamline the web design process.
- Once you have chosen a provider and created the framework for your website, you will want to enter all the information you currently have about your wedding ceremony, reception and other events. You can also include information about the expected attire and any additional information you want your guests to know.
- Adding images and creating a compelling design will help you to make the most positive impression on guests to your website. Your online website builder should provide intuitive guidance on how to add these elements to your design.
- If you intend to collect responses to your wedding invitations or Save the Dates through your website, you will need to incorporate that functionality at this point in the process.
- Test your wedding website by logging in with guest credentials and checking its functions and features. This will allow you to spot any problems before your site goes live to your guests.
- Publishing your wedding website allows it to go live and to be accessible by the public. By including the website URL in your Save the Dates and wedding invitations, you can direct your guests to the wedding website for more detailed information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Make regular updates and communicate changes through your website until the day of your wedding. It is also a good idea to include your wedding website URL on all printed and digital communications with your invited guests.
- Leave your wedding website in place for about three months after the ceremony to ensure that your registry information is updated appropriately on this website.
The Tips: How to Create a Beautiful and Memorable Wedding Website
One key to creating a beautiful website is to take your time during the process. If you are a web design expert, you may be able to create a wedding website in just a few hours. For most of us, however, a learning curve will be required to become familiar with and to master the use of a wedding website builder. Be sure to ask for help or to experiment with different web designs before finalizing your wedding website.
Implementing security for your website while you build it can prevent unauthorized access to personal information and can keep your wedding website under wraps until you are ready to unveil it. Password protection or login requirements are usually all that is required to keep your website safe during the building process.
Avoid excessively wordy or flowery language. Your guests will visit your website to access information they need to plan for your wedding. Making sure they can find that information easily and without excess verbiage can create the best possible impression on your friends and family members.
The Details: Information to Include on Your Customized Wedding Website
Your wedding website should include the following information for your guests:
- The date, time and location of events associated with your wedding
- Expected attire for each event
- Information on recommended hotels and any hotel blocks or group rates for the wedding
- Travel information, including nearby airports, car rental companies and public transportation
- An About Us section for you and your partner, complete with photo gallery
- Things to do and see in the area of your wedding
- Frequently asked questions and information on local customs and regulations
- Gift registry information for your wedding
By designing your own wedding website, you can include almost anything that has meaning to you and your partner. This can allow you to share a little of your own lives with your friends and family through this online venue.
Bonus: Matching Your Wedding Website to Your Online Wedding Invitations
Working with Bliss & Bone will provide you with some real advantages when creating the website of your dreams. Because we offer wedding websites as well as online wedding invitations, Bliss & Bone makes it easy to match all elements of your printed and online wedding stationery with your wedding website. This can allow you to create a cohesive and beautiful look for your entire wedding from Save the Dates to directions to your wedding on your website.
If you need a beautiful and unique wedding website with an array of exclusive features, visit Bliss & Bone to learn more about our lineup of wedding websites. At Bliss & Bone, we are here to serve you.